Saturday, December 22, 2007

Friday, December 21st, 2007



Unfortunately, I am kind of on a roll with the spitting up. Right after my 8 pm feeding I spit up quite a bit of my formula. Then like clockwork, about 40 minutes after my 5 pm feeding I spit up in my swing.

Mommy put in a call to my pediatrician about getting a GI referral just to rule out other causes. When Dr Scott called back she said she would get the referral going but also needed to call in a prescription for me. Apparently, the test results came back on the secretions she tested from my visit on Monday and I have a yeast infection. Although it probably isn't causing my spitting up it is something that needs to be taken care of. My parents will pick up the medicine tomorrow morning. Dr Scott and Karen, my case manager, both suggested that I try continuous feedings during the day instead of the bolus feedings I have been doing to this point. So until I can get into the GI I am going to eat from 8 pm to 6 am and 8 am to 6 pm. Mommy can mix up the times in case I have a doctor's appointment. With the smaller volumes everyone is hoping that will nix the spitting up for a while.

I had a terrible time getting to sleep again tonight - it took almost 2 hours of rocking by Mommy and Daddy before I finally fell asleep in my swing. I have an awful cough that keeps waking me up. Mommy kept hearing the suction machine going all night and finally got up around 1:30 to check on me. Mimi said I had been up since 10:30. I was coughing constantly and couldn't sleep so Mommy took me from Mimi and was able to rock me to sleep. I slept in her arms until 5 am then Mommy transferred me to my crib. Hopefully I will feel better soon.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment