Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wednesday, June 24th, 2009




It has taken us months to get in for an appointment at the trach clinic at UC Davis but it finally happened today. While we were waiting for a room, I got the chance to watch two groups of adults communciating entirely in sign language. I was fascinated! It was like being at a tennis match as my head would turn from one conversation to the other - back and forth - back and forth. Mommy was overwhelmed with how fast they were "talking" to each other - she couldn't pick out any signs at all!
Although the clinic had told Mommy I was running on time, it took almost a half hour after my appointment time to get into a room. Then another 45 minutes went by before the doctor arrived. Apparently, he had skipped our room accidentally and seen another patient ahead of us. Mommy was pretty irritated by that point because I was starting to become a little monster locked up in a small exam room with nothing I could touch!
When he did arrive he made pretty short work of it - looking at my mouth and telling Mommy to come back again in four months. Mommy doesn't even remember him checking out my trach stoma. But he did send over a referral so we could get my CT scan for Stanford at UC Davis so we wouldn't have to travel as far - so Mommy wasn't prepared to do much complaining!
So after waking up at 5 am I didn't get down for my first nap of the day until almost 1:30! I was pretty mellow on the car ride home and even played in my crib a few minutes but when I finally fell asleep Mommy knew there was no way she was going to be able to wake me up at 2 pm for feeding therapy so she had to call and cancel the appointment.
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your cute outfit, you look so great in red! Are those the 4th of July clothes I gave you?

    ReplyDelete