Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Friday, December 25th, 2009


After jumping around on the bed last night in my monkey jammies my parents figured I was over my quick bout with stomach flu but they were mistaken. At 4 am I woke up and started crying and a few minutes later I started vomiting again. This time there wasn't much in my tummy. Mommy changed my jammie shirt and I went back to sleep a little longer. By early morning it was time to get up and see what Santa brought but I was grumpy and didn't feel much like opening presents. My parents started me back up on Pedialite but I kept signing that my tummy hurt.
There was a mad dash to open presents by my parents, Uncle Lonnie, Aunt Kristin, Jackson, Uncle Shawn and Gavin before Shawn and Gavin had to leave. Uncle Jeff came up a little later and then a second round of present opening began with his gifts. Uncle Jeff and Gavin both love the Miami Dolphins so they compared the gifts they had received with the Dolphins logo.
After Shawn and Gavin left, Uncle Jason and Traiton came by. Traiton had been up all night vomiting as well so he wasn't in much of a mood to open presents either. Grandma and Grandpa Mower came by a little later and then it was round three of opening presents. I got lots of fun toys from them but still was not feeling well enough to want to play too much.
I was still holding my feedings down but was pretty tired so I went down for a nap mid-morning. When I woke up I was in a little better mood, so Uncle Jeff, my parents and I went to Karen's for Christmas dinner. Karen made a great home made vegetable soup that hit the spot on such a cold winter day. I was still pretty grumpy until Nikki, Michael and her three girls showed up. Suddenly, my mood improved dramatically! The girls were fascinated by all the things about me that were different - my trach, my g tube, my signing, my hands - and they followed me all over the house which was fine by me. Before it got too late, we started into round four of present opening. I'm pretty much an expert at this point and even helped Daddy open Mommy's presents for her.
Despite the tummy troubles, it was a wonderful Christmas Day and I got lots of great gifts. Thanks everyone!
Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment