Saturday, December 12, 2009

Friday, December 11th, 2009



This is the story of my short lived time with Santa today.
7 am - Mommy takes out the Santa Claus statue for the first time this year. It was love at first sight and I am officially smitten.
7:02 am - Despite Mommy's protests that Santa is too heavy, I carry Santa from the bedroom to the front room so I can be close to him.
7:04 am - I set Santa on my special chair and read him a story.
7:05 am - I read Santa another story and then pose with him for a picture.
7:07 am - I carry Santa from my special chair to my bed. Mommy assists in lifting him up for me.
7:08 am - I lay down next to Santa in my bed. I am so excited to add him to my collection.
7:11 am - I carry Santa to the hallway so he can watch me as I run back and forth.
7:15 am - I try to pick Santa up and carry him back to the front room and I drop him.
7:16 am - Santa breaks off at the legs and I start laughing.
7:17 am - Daddy carries Santa into Mommy's office to see what can be done for him. Mommy declares him DOA.
I wonder if Santa is rethinking that video he sent me yesterday?
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious!

    Jackson had the same fascination with a ceramic candle recently, and it also ended in tragedy. He got overly excited and threw it across the room, and it landed on the hardwood floor.

    Lonnie was right all along when he told me not to let him carry the candle from room to room!

    ReplyDelete