Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday, April 26th, 2009

The picture tells the story - it was the kind of day where I needed both my lovie and my Cabbage Patch to comfort me. Carol told Mommy I slept well last night except for the massive diarrhea diaper at 3 am that required an outfit change. Maybe because of that I slept in until 7 and woke up grumpy - not a good sign. It appears I have moved from the fever phase to the vomiting and diarrhea phase. Within minutes of Mommy getting me out of my jammies I threw up on her and me. After that, I was content to sit with her in the chair for the next several hours and relax. When Daddy got up around 10, Mommy decided to try to start another feeding but mid-way through it all came back up. For the rest of the day, my parents started easing me into Pedialite and eventually a mixture of half Pedialite and half formula at a very slow rate and much less volume than normal. There was yucky diaper and after yucky diaper as well. On a good note, although I still had a fever it had come down quite a bit from the last few days - in the 99-100 range. So despite an upset tummy, I felt better in general and was able to play for most of the afternoon. My parents changed my trach tonight for the first time since my upsizing and that went in without any problems. Thank goodness!

The plan for the week is to try to get me back up to full feeds and feeling better. So as not to infect anyone else, Mommy will cancel all my appointments in the beginning of the week. It will probably be a long week but my great-grandma is coming to visit me for a week starting Tuesday so I have something to look forward to. We have never officially met before, but I know we are going to hit it off!

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweetheart,
    We hope you are starting to feel better.You will have a wonderful time visiting with your great granma,and she's about to fall under your magical spell!
    All our love,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete