Monday, April 13, 2009

Sunday, April 12th, 2009










Happy Easter! You can see above that the Easter Bunny (and family) were very generous this year. Just because I don't eat much candy doesn't mean I didn't get anything for Easter!
After some breakfast, my parents and I had to rush to get ready for the Easter egg hunt at the Haggin Oaks Golf Course. It was a beautiful day - almost 80 an with a slight breeze. I was able to wear a cute sleeveless dress perfect for a spring day. I didn't even protest that I had to wear my socks and shoes. We arrived a few minutes early and I was getting pretty antsy with all the eggs lying on the grass but not being able to go get them. I got to say hi to Sophia and Brighton but it was almost time to start so we didn't get time to chat! They allowed one parent to "assist" so while Daddy manned the camera, Mommy came out on the grass with me. She didn't really help much beyond holding the basket for me since I am a big girl and was able to pick up the eggs and put them in the basket without too much trouble. I was so excited to see everyone else picking up eggs, though, that I was only able to get three eggs before they were all gone. Two of the eggs had candy and one had a voucher for a stuffed bunny! (There were also vouchers in the eggs for a golf club but my parents figured I didn't really need one more thing to hit the dogs with so they were happy I got the voucher for the bunny).
It was over pretty quickly and we headed to the car. I still had a little energy to burn so when we got back home, my parents let me take off my shoes and socks and run around the local park for a while. Then it was home for a three hour nap and then back to the park for more running around. It was a great day!
Unfortunately, my night nurse pulled a no show tonight so my Daddy stayed up with me but I was a good girl and slept all night for hm.
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your beautiful Easter dress and your sweater, you look SO grown up!

    Three eggs is a great haul, but with all the presents the Easter bunny brought you, I don't think you would have noticed if you didn't get any eggs.

    Happy Easter sweet girl, wish we could have been there to share it with you!

    Love you!

    Aunt Kristin

    ReplyDelete