Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday, April 25th, 2009






After 5 hours of uneventual sleep for me (2 for Mommy and 3 for Daddy) it was time to head back to UC Davis to the urgent care clinic to be checked out again. When we showed up it was time for a dose of Tylenol so Mommy waited until they looked at me. Initially my temp was 98.6 but within 20 minutes it had already shot up to 100.2. The doctor basically told my parents what they heard in the ER - keep me hydrated, give my Tylenol every 4 hours and hopefully this will all run it's course in 7-10 days. Once the Tylenol kicks in and my fever goes down I play and run around as usual but about 3 hours later it starts to wear off and the fever returns - and then I get grumpy. I took a two hour nap in the afternoon and then played for several hours before heading to bed. My temp is still in the 100's with the Tylenol and my heart rate is much higher then normal but I have held down all my feedings today so that's a step in the right direction. Hopefully it's a quiet night tonight or me so my parents can get some rest while the nurse is here.

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Hi Smith family,
    What a long weekend this must have been for all of you.Hopefully
    the worst is over for Peyton and she is now on the mend.Your always in our thoughts baby.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete