Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wednesday, March 11th, 2009

Today was my very best feeding therapy session ever! I took the largest amount of volume my Mommy or Karen has ever seen - probably about 4 teaspoons. I also was perfectly content to use a spoon to feed myself or my finger - I was shoving it in! I also was willing to eat lots of types of foods - vanilla ice cream, chocolate pudding, crushed up cheetos, pureed mac & cheese.
Karen and my Mommy talked about the new speaking valve that Mommy is trying to order for me. I really don't like the Passy Muir valve and Mommy has heard good things about one called the Shikani-French valve (see the picture above) from adults who are trached. Hopefully we will get it in the next few weeks. I even "talked" a little for Karen by covering my trach with my finger. She was very impressed and really thinks I should start some speech therapy sessions soon. After such an exciting feeding session - it was off to a 3 hour nap.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment