Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday, March 21st, 2009

It was such a great day today! It started out with me sleeping in until almost 7 am - Mommy got to finish a whole cup of coffee before I woke up so that made her day! Before Daddy woke up, Mommy and I watched a little morning TV. My Cabbage Patch doll, Payton, was on my lap the whole time. When I get out of bed in the morning, I usually request that he come with me since we are such good friends. First we started watching a little Dora the Explorer. Almost immeadiately, I got up and walked over to my bookshelf and pulled out my Dora book I got for Christmas. Mommy was pretty surprised that I realized it was the same Dora. Later, we watched a few nursery rhymes On Demand. They have little kids sing and dance to the different songs. During "Hey Diddle Diddle" I got up and walked away. A few minutes later, I came to Mommy with a book. It was my "Hey Diddle Diddle" taggie book. Now Mommy has never sang the song to me while reading the book - just read the words - but I knew it was the same thing. Mommy was pretty impressed - she doubts she could have done that at my age!
Shortly after breakfast this morning, we all got in the car and drove to Roseville. We met "Uncle" Jeff at the car dealership where he had left his car for a few hours to get fixed. Then we all drove to the mall. When we walked in who should be there - but the Easter Bunny! Since there was no line, Mommy convinced Daddy to have me sit on his lap. After our Santa experience just a few months ago Mommy wasn't quite sure how it would go over with me. She asked if I wanted to say hello to the Easter Bunny. I was okay with that but as soon as Mommy asked me if I wanted to sit on his lap - I let her know in no uncertain terms with a vigourous head shake - that I did not want to sit on his lap! Mommy asked if I would be okay sitting on her lap next to the Easter Bunny and I was okay with that. So while the photographer, Daddy and Uncle Jeff made silly faces and played peek a book with me - Mommy and I got our picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Now there was no smiling going on - but there was no crying either - so Mommy decided that was an improvement over Santa! We walked around the mall together and then eventually went to lunch too. I was LONG past my nap time by this point so towards the end I got a little antsy - but I was still a very well behaved little girl. I even let Uncle Jeff hold me several times during the day. After dropping Uncle Jeff back at the dealership, it was time to head home and I was asleep within moments of getting on the freeway. I woke up briefly when we got to the house, but fell back asleep for another 2 1/3 hours - I was worn out.
When I woke up I was hungry and ready to eat. Mommy had just gotten some pureed mac and cheese from the store so she pulled it out first. In about 20 minutes I downed 2 ounces! OK that may not sound like a lot to you - but that is the most baby food I have eaten in one sitting - EVER!!! My parents finally stopped giving me any more because they were a little concerned as to how I would tolerate so much food in my tummy but it was all good. Right after it was time for my last feeding and even with all that in my tummy too there were no problems - I am a big girl after all!

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that you were able to see the Easter bunny! Haven't decided if Jackson will be meeting the Easter bunny this year, but I know he will be impressed with how brave you were!

    Have a great week!

    Also happy to see you're loving your Payton doll! Hope you start playing with the one I got you too!