Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Monday, March 23rd, 2009

This afternoon I had a great physical therapy appointment with Michael. I crawled!!! OK, it was only a few feet a few times through the collapsable tunnel - but it was actual crawling! So much for that "have to crawl before you walk" advice : )

After all that moving around, Mommy figured she would try out some more pureed baby food with me. I ate 2 ounces of oatmeal with pears. Yummy! As if that wasn't good enough I then drank 4 ounces of apple juice in my Infa Trainer! When Mommy started adding up calories she realized I had consumed about 1/5 of the calories I would need to get in the day - so enough to replace one of my bolus feeds. Yeah for me! So what was the effect of all the juice you ask - how about a baby that WOULD NOT GO TO SLEEP! That's right I had lots of sugar coursing through my veins and there was no way I was going to bed at 7:30 even though I hadn't had my afternoon nap. After crying in my crib for an hour, Daddy came to get Mommy to see what should be done. She suggested letting me run around since I obviously wasn't tired. As soon as my feet hit the floor the crying stopped and the dancing and running began. I could tell my parents were having a hard time not smiling because the sight of me running around the house in my pajamas super happy was pretty cute! After about 45 minutes of non stop movement, Mommy put me back in bed. It took me about 10 minutes of crying to eventually fall asleep. So new rule in the Smith household - no juice after 5 pm. This is probably common sense to all the parents of toddlers out there but my parents are new at this oral eating stuff so they are still figuring it out : )

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment