Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friday, March 20th, 2009


I had a great music therapy appointment today with Spencer and Mommy. I got to pick which songs and activities I wanted by picking laminated pictures off a felt board. Some of my favorites are "The Hokey Pokey" and "I'm A Little Teapot". Actually, it was much more fun to watch Mommy and Spencer doing the Hokey Pokey then it was to participate myself!
I got my new Infa Trainer cup today. It is supposed to be a cup to help transition between the sippy cup and just a regular cup. You can see above that I have a much easier time drinking from it because I don't have to tilt my head quite so far back. When my parents help me with it - I am able to get more in my mouth and less down my shirt and in my trach. Before Daddy got home tonight I requested ice cream so Mommy helped me. I was able to eat about 7-8 teaspoons of vanilla ice cream - but I wasn't done there. I then moved on to 5-6 teaspoons of chocolate pudding. Yum! I finished it all off with close to an ounce of apple juice using my new Infa Trainer cup! Mommy was very impressed - that is a lot of volume in one sitting!
After all that eating I was definately ready for some sleep. I have some pretty funny sleeping positions - but this is a favorite for my parents and nurses alike - the bum up in the air. Yes - I am really sleeping like that!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment