Monday, November 12, 2007

Friday, November 9th, 2007


Since I won't be back in my parent's bedroom anytime soon, my Daddy and Mommy decided it was time to decorate the dining area with my things so it is more like my own room. Despite Mommy's protests to anything pink, everything seems to have ended up pink anyway!

We had a little excitement tonight with my feeding. Mommy has said the feeding pump has been being inconsistent - sometimes I am getting feedings too fast and sometimes too slow. She never heard back from the DME company so figured I wouldn't get a new one until next week. Then at 9:30 pm someone showed up to drop off another pump. Since my parents weren't expecting them my Daddy had already hooked me up to my continuous feeding that starts at 8 pm. It is 125 cc's (25 cc's an hour for five hours and then it is changed out for another 125 cc's). So, I had already gotten about 40 cc's when Daddy had to change out the pump. He forgot to close off the feeding tube (it's okay Daddy, I know you didn't mean to) and I got the rest of my feed (about 85 cc's) in about 30 seconds. Oops! So I was sleeping good until then but as soon as my tummy filled up that fast my eyes popped open and I was wide awake and happy as could be. Daddy was able to pull out about 20 cc's manually with a syringe but I still ended up getting a lot of milk at once. Mimi then arrived so Mommy and Daddy told her what had happened and asked her to watch me really closely for the next 30-45 minutes to make sure I was okay. She elevated me so I was sitting up to reduce the likelihood that I would spit up. Daddy was still pretty worried and stayed awake a while just to make sure I was okay, which I was. A little adventure to end the night!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment