Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sunday, February 13th, 2011

It was a really tough day, so bad that Mommy ended up calling the on call doctor in the evening.  Shortly after turning pins this morning I vomited up not only my feeding but the meds as well.  While Mommy was visiting her father at the nursing home, I eventually cried myself to sleep with Daddy at home.  When Mommy came home a few hours later I was still asleep and Mommy started some Pedialyte and was able to get my meds into me.

When I woke up I felt a little better but it didn't last long and I was back to being uncomfortable.  About 15 minutes before I was due for my next dose of Tylenol I vomited up my feeding again.  Mommy was concerned - I was almost out of the Tylenol with codeine and it didn't seem to control the pain between the pin turnings.  She called the on call doctor and when Dr Kirby called back she called in a refill and suggested potentially turning a little less - to try for 1 1/2 turns or even 1 1/4 turns if needed.

Not surprisingly, when it was time to turn pins tonight, my parents were not looking forward to it.  After the turning, I cried for 15 minutes before falling asleep.  I only slept for a few minutes but when I woke up, Mommy convinced me to let her use an ice pack on my face while I watched videos.  An hour and a half later when Michelle arrived I was feeling much better.  So good, that I ended up going downstairs with Michelle and playing until 2 am - that's right 2 am! 

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Geesh..how much longer will you have to turn the pins for?
    What a pain tolerance she must have.....
    xo

    ReplyDelete