Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Monday, August 10th, 2009





We had a little stress today when my feeding pump stopped working late in the afternoon. The company that makes the pump had missed the deadline for overnighting it so we won't get a loaner until Wednesday morning. The DME company that the pump was purchased through refused to send a lonaer until the other loaner arrived (Mommy was pretty ticked about that one - some sort of regulations or protocols or something). My parents have been very lucky to this point that they have never had to "push" my feedings manually with a syringe but tonight Mommy got the opportunity to do it old school! Daddy was really late getting home tonight and I was already asleep but he must have the magic touch because he was able to get the pump working again despite the company indicating the error messages were a sign that the pump was DOA. So Daddy started up my missed feeding but before the feeding could even finish I woke up and vomited a little in my crib. Within a few minutes though I was wide awake and ready to play and that is about the time Sarah showed up to start her night shift. So when my parents left me with Sarah around 10:15 pm, Sarah and I were reading stories and watching Elmo's Potty Time and I was happy as could be!

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. SO happy to hear that daddy fixed your pump, he's a wizard at all things mechanical and DME!

    Good job daddy!

    LOVE your karate kicks! Just don't try any out on Jackson while we're there, as he has a few moves of his own that could land you right on your butt!!! This should be interesting...

    ReplyDelete