Sunday, July 5, 2009

Saturday, July 4th, 2009



Happy 4th of July! So my 4th of July involved none of the traditional things - fireworks, BBQ or a parade. Daddy was still helping Uncle Jeff with moving and it was still pretty hot so Mommy and I stuck close to home today. Even so, Mommy had to make sure I was festive with the cute red, white and blue shorts Aunt Kristin got me and some red and blue hair ties to match!
When Daddy got home early evening it had cooled down enough that we could go to the local playground. I loved the swing and slide but the best part is when Daddy put a plastic bag on my cast and let me get in the water fountain! My parents figured that even if it got a little wet it was coming off Monday morning so no big deal.
My night nurse took the night off so Daddy slept out in the front room with me while Mommy took the dogs to bed with her. She was concerned they would be all upset about the fireworks going off in the neighborhood (my parents have a messy story about Henry's first 4th of July with them) but they fell right to sleep. The only time they even stirred was when Chili heard Daddy coming down the hall at 3 in the morning and started barking!
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your festive shorts, and I love the matching hair bands!

    SO happy the cast finally came off and you have that experience behind you! Temporarily...

    ReplyDelete