Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday, July 18th, 2009

When I woke up this morning Mommy was there just as Daddy had promised. I was happy to see her - it felt like she was gone forever! Despite her being gone so long, we were back to our normal weekend routine with Mommy and Daddy trading off time with me and each other as they tried to get caught up on errands and laundry. Mommy is leaving again early Monday morning so there is a lot to get done.

While Daddy was off running a few errands, Mommy and I had some alone time together. I had a normal feeding and then Mommy and I did a little rough housing. Just to make sure she was welcomed home the right way I proceeded to throw up - but at least this time it wasn't on her. Actually, I was playing in the kitchen drawers and well you can guess the rest. Instead of Mommy being upset she thought maybe this was a precursor to learning to throw up in the toilet (she can dream, right?). So besides throwing all the kitchen utensils in the dishwasher this was a pretty easy clean up - no need to change outfits!

My parents and I met Uncle Jeff at a steakhouse for dinner and I was a really good girl. I didn't want to sit in the high chair for long but ended up in the booth between my parents - usually just sitting quietly on their laps and drinking some water and Daddy's iced tea. We got home too late for me to get my bath in but Mommy promises I'll get to take a long bath tomorrow to make up for it.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment