Sunday, July 26, 2009

Saturday, July 25th, 2009


The morning started out a little shaky but by the end of the day I was feeling pretty good. Around 4 am I woke up and started crying. Carol left me alone to try to work it out but I continued crying for another half hour. She asked me if I wanted to get out of the crib and she would hold me but I shook my head no and laid back down. Eventually, I fell back to sleep and then woke up again at 6:30.
That is when Mommy noticed what she refers to affectionately as "the slime". I had drooled a little during the night but this was something completely unusual for me. It was a slime like substance that would eventually come dripping out of my mouth. My parents kept trying to get in there to suction it out but I wouldn't let them anywhere near my mouth. Mommy thinks all the slime in my mouth is probably why I started dry heaving when I woke up so she gave me some time awake before starting a regular feeding - at a very slow rate. It worked like a charm and once that was out of the way the next problem arose - constipation. My parents have learned not to let this one go on for long so we went right to a suppository. While it took some time to kick in my mood was not so good. I was whining and didn't want anyone holding me but then I produced a stinky and life was good again!
All that working on a diaper made me really sleepy so I went down for my afternoon nap a little early. When Lucille came at noon I was still asleep and continued to sleep for another hour. When I did wake up I was still tired so after a few minutes Lucille asked me if I wante to go back in my crib and I took her up on the offer. An hour later I woke up for good and I was in a much better mood! Lucille and I played and she gave me an early bath and soon enough Daddy and Mommy were back - and they had a surprise for me. Uncle Jeff had left the perfect present on the doorstep for me - a dolly I can take in the bath. Because I had already had a bath, Mommy let me get out the empty tub and sit in the it with my new dolly. Then I carried her around the house with me the rest of the night. When it came time for bed, I had two babies to love! Thanks Uncle Jeff!
Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. Good morning sweetheart!
    It sounds like yesterday had some rough moments, but true to form you were a trooper and came thru it.What a remarkable little girl you are in every way!Your family is
    amazed by your resilance and humbled by what you have to go thru on a daily basis.How proud we all are of you Peyton.
    What a thoughtful gift Uncle Jeff
    dropped off for you(he obviously knows what a young lady likes)!
    Bathtime tonight should be fun with your new dolly! We hope you feel tip top today because mommy and daddy promise a fun outing for you.
    All our love(hugs and kisses included),
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your new bath doll! What a great guy uncle Jeff is! Jackson got a bath doll yesterday also, it was a gift from a friend to help him recover from his recent illness. It's a crazy green doll with crazy green hair, I will have to send you a picture! I think it's the only "doll" his daddy will allow him to have!!!

    ReplyDelete