Sunday, August 22, 2010

Friday, August 20th, 2010



I was up bright and early at 5:23 this morning and feeling good. Since I hadn't peed overnight, Mommy gave me a quick feeding and then got me up and walking around the unit by 6:30 to try to get a wet diaper out of me. Always the high performer, I gave her three within 30 minutes making both her and the nurses very happy - I had passed the final test. Dr James stopped by a little after 7 am and started the discharge paperwork. Mommy kept it together thankfully and didn't embarrass me with a ton of tears! Daddy came by around 8 am and by 8:30 we were walking out the doors. We had a bittersweet photo op in front of the Shriner's and got a shot of UC Davis across the street. We had three stops before we could get on the road. First, we had to check out of Ronald McDonald House a few blocks away. Then on to Walgreens for my Tylenol with codeine prescription. Finally, we went through a drive through for some breakfast and by 9:30 we were on our way home to Salt Lake.
It was a pretty uneventful trip until around 4 pm. While napping, I woke up briefly and vomited up a tiny amount of formula. A short while later, I woke up and this time vomited up most of my feeding. Mommy was quick with a blanket to catch it before it got on my new cast. Thankfully, we were 5 miles out of Wells so we stopped so I could walk around. Since 7 in the morning, I had not peed but as soon as my feet touched the ground I had an enormous diaper. No wonder I was vomiting - my tummy was completely full. On a positive note, this convinces Mommy again that I am completely ready for potty training as I can stay dry for long periods of time!
After the vomiting and diaper I was feeling perky again so we were back on the road and a few hours later pulled in to Grandma and Papa's house to pick up my brothers. We were home by around 10 pm but it took me until after midnight to finally settle down enough to fall asleep. Mommy slept on the floor in my room to keep an eye on me and I had a quiet night. Good to be home!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment