Saturday, November 29, 2008

Friday, November 28th, 2008




Mommy has been doing most of her shopping online, so Black Friday came and went without any Christmas shopping in our house. Instead, I spent time terrifying my parents by continuing to try to cruise on any upright object. In the last picture you can see the concentration on my face as I contemplate trying to walk away from the chair. I stick out my tongue when I am focusing really hard just like my Daddy. Someday Mommy is going to try to get a picture with both of us doing it at the same time - it is pretty funny.
At some point during the day, I developed really bad diaper rash so Mommy gave me several doses of Tylenol to help with the pain while using lots of diaper rash ointment to try to get rid of it. It made me a little whiny but it didn't slow me down much. In the evening, my parents were doing my nightly trach and g-tube care. When Daddy went to take out the trach tie I started to pull on the trach. He laid me down on the changing table as usual and I decided to be helpful and pulled out my trach. Yes, our first official accidental decannulation! Mommy wasn't sure what to do so was running to get a new trach but Daddy just reinserted the old one. Mommy is so thankful for Daddy - he manages to remain calm in these types of situations! As for me, I didn't see what all the fuss was about anyway. They take me trach out - why can't I?

Peyton Nicole Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment