Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tuesday, September 4th, 2012




First day of school!  I was so excited and couldn't wait to hop on the bus with my nurse for the 3 block ride to school (yes, you read that correctly 3 blocks).  It seems like a lot of build up for a few short hours but I had a lot of fun.  Mommy came in just a little while after school started to talk to my class about the things about me that are different.  I got to sit at the front of the class with her as she did a show and tell with my bear so kids could see my g-tube, my trach and even try out my hearing aids!  But Mommy made sure to point out that although there are some things about me that are different that there are lots of things I have in common with them - like soccer and t ball.  Before I even had time to get comfortable it was time to go.  But Mommy let me know this is day 1 of 13 years of going to school so there will be lots more school days in my future!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment