Thursday, December 27, 2012

Monday, August 27th, 2012


A note from Mommy:

Today she is five.  For many reasons 5 is a milestone, one of those being that she starts kindergarten in just a few days.  But 5 is a milestone from a medical standpoint as well.  When she was just months old we had a goal to have the trach out before she went off to school but that is not to be.  And that is okay.  Completely and totally okay.  I couldn't have said that two years ago but I can now.  I know other parents struggle with coming to terms with a trach that is long-standing and potentially life long but I am finally to the point it isn't something I worry about any longer.  The trach doesn't make anything about her life less than because she is and will always be greater than the sum of all of her parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment