Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday, January 13th, 2011

A note from Mommy:

Over the years I have watched a number of blogs that I follow go "private". Most times it is because the bloggers have things they want to say but don't feel they can. Since most people start their blogs so they can speak freely about their thoughts and feelings, it is usually only after much deliberation (and unfortunate comments from others) that they choose to go private.

I started the blog to provide family and friends with information about Peyton and her life. As it progressed it then became a way for me to record Peyton's life so she could read about it later. If other people have gained information, knowledge or comfort from it over the years then it has been just an added bonus as far as I am concerned. There have been several times I have considered going private to prevent one person from reading the blog but decided against it. By keeping the blog public there is always the voice in my head preventing me from writing things that are too controversial or might hurt someone's feelings. Maybe because of that I haven't had issues with people being angry or offended about something I have written (if they have been they haven't told me). So I'll keep my rants to a minimum and stay public as long as it makes sense to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment