Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday, January 22nd, 2011

Can you read that? 59 degrees. When we woke up this morning it was pretty clear that something had happened to the furnace during the night. I immeadiately signed "cold" and asked for a blanket. While I snuggled under a blanket watching Caillou, Daddy checked out the furnace and discovered that it was blowing properly but wasn't lighting.

With the house still covered under a warranty, Daddy went online to notify the company that we had a problem. It wasn't considered an emergency (no water, no fire) so later in the day we got a call and an appointment was made for Monday evening. That's right - Monday evening! Guess what the high was today in Salt Lake - 43 degrees! And the low overnight will be 18 degrees since a storm is headed in.

Most people would just spend a lot of time somewhere with heat but since I am still officially under quarantine with my surgery just days away - there weren't a lot of options. Mommy tried to convince Daddy to go to a motel for a few days to wait it out but he wasn't biting so at the prospect of a long cold weekend, Mommy went to the store and got a little space heater to keep in whatever room I happen to be in so it will stay warm. Good thing for my furry brothers they don't like to be cold and they like to cuddle. On the weekends one parent sleeps with me in my room and the other sleeps in the master bedroom so tonight they will each take one dog. Mommy calls Chili because the is bigger than Henry!

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. I have 2 space heaters if you still need one. Call my cell.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete