Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunday, January 23rd, 2011

A note from Mommy:

Kids say/sign the darndest things! On Saturday, Peyton had a small incident of vomiting. I was pretty sure it was related to her not pooping as regularly as she should (her current response when I ask her to try to poop is, "no, I will poop tomorrow"). So I decided to go the suppository route. Since Travis was running errands, I knew this would be tricky - one parent to one very strong and angry child was a pretty even match. I finally got her down, got the suppository in and within a few minutes Peyton stopped sobbing and signed "potty". She got right up and within about 10 minutes had pooped twice. With tears still in her eyes and wet on her cheeks, she gave me a huge bear hug. Then she proceeded to sign to me:

"Mommy"
"Put In"
"Hurt"
"Cry"
"Potty"

Although I thought it was pretty funny, I also realized without knowing the context that could be seriously misinterpreted! In the past after a suppository Peyton would sign:

"Mommy"
"Hurt"
"Bum"

Again - without the full story we could be paid a visit from the local police department!

No comments:

Post a Comment