Friday, December 24, 2010

Thursday, December 23rd, 2010

That's right friends - I will be sick for Christmas once again this year! After a runny nose and sneezing late last week and then dry coughing fits every night for the last few nights the cold that was hanging around finally got the better of me and hit full force. This morning when I woke up I vomited. Daddy figured it was because I hadn't gone poopy like I should the day before and sure enough I pooped shortly after. During the day I seemed fine and then Daddy and I met his brother, sister, two nephews and mother at the Natural History Museum. I was having a great time but as we got ready to leave I threw up in his car. I ended up sleeping all the way home and once I got there when he got me in the house it was clear that I had a high fever. Upper respiratory infection here I come!! Daddy started up the Tylenol and Pedialyte (seriously we should own stock in these companies) and then the rest of the night my parents kept them coming. When my night nurse Michelle arrived at 10 pm I had just fallen asleep. My heart rate was in the 140's and my fever was 103.8. After my next dose of Tylenol and about 20 minutes I had dropped down the 120's and a fever of 101.3. Michelle kept the Pedialyte flowing and the Tylenol doses pushed through the night and I ended up sleeping great. But I am definately fighting a cold and with it being the trigger for my asthma, my parents are keeping a close watch to try to keep me out of the PICU at Christmas. Cross fingers!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment