Sunday, December 26, 2010

Saturday, December 25th, 2010








After the late night tantrum, it wasn't a big surprise that I was not the first one up Christmas morning. In fact, Daddy had to wake me up. Initially I wasn't so thrilled about that and kept giving him the elbow but when he whispered in my ear that Santa had come and brought me a surprise I gave a big smile and hopped out of bed. I was still a little sleepy on my feet as I stumbled into the living room and saw my fire set just like I had asked for. I didn't have much time to play with it, though, before I needed to start opening up all of my other gifts. After all the excitement, we had a nice breakfast together and then we headed home to shower and make our way to Karen's.
While Karen and my parents had some nice hot soup, I played with my favorite Hallmark Christmas toy (this is a perennial favorite). Then we settled in for the next round of gift opening. I was super excited for the horse and stable set (although I insist that it is a farm not a barn) and couldn't wait to get the horsies out to play. After some dessert it was back in the car to head back to Grandma and Papa Smith's for a yummy prime rib dinner (okay I didn't have any of the prime rib but I heard it was great). My parents didn't even make it to dessert before Grandma Smith told Daddy to get me and Mommy home. Mommy was about ready to fall asleep sitting up and I was starting to run a temperature again. While Mommy headed off to bed, I hung out with Daddy on the couch playing with my horsies. My temperature was climbing so Daddy knew he was in for a rough night. Despite being sick I had a wonderful Christmas holiday. Merry Christmas everyone!
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you got a lot of great Christmas gifts even before the big day! Were the horses Karen gave you different than the ones we got you? Hope you like brushing their hair and taking care of them! Looks like you are LOVING the Dora chair/couch, and based on Jackson and Ava's fascination, I think that there may be one in their near future also...

    ReplyDelete