Sunday, December 26, 2010

Friday, December 24th, 2010





Despite the high fever, with a lot of Tylenol and Pedialyte through the night I slept like a log. But I was still definately in the throes of an upper respiratory infection so I stayed home and rested during the day intead of making cookies with Grandma Marilyn like Jackson, Traiton and Gavin got to.
Mommy, Aunt Kristin and Uncle Jason went to the nursing home to visit Grandpa Mike and I stayed home with Daddy. He tried to get me to rest as much as possible but that is easier said than done.
Early afternoon Mommy put me down for a nap and when I woke up I was feeling perky enough to head to Aunt Kristin's for Christmas Eve dinner with Mommy's side of the family. Aunt Kristin had saved some cookies for me to decorate for Santa. We had a good meal and time to play with the cousins before opening presents in the evening. I got lots of fun things but my favorites were the two horsies and my Dora chair/bed. Actually, cousin Jackson liked my Dora chair as well and showed me how to leap off the couch on to it.
As we started to get close to my bed time, we went to pick up my furry brothers and head to Grandma and Papa Smith's for the night. Everyone was there and it was just too hard to settle down. I put out the reindeer dust on the lawn, set out the keys (they don't have a fireplace) and my cookies and milk for Santa. Eventually, my parents wrangled me into the spare bedroom but I was too wound up to sleep and threw a tantrum (yes folks I ain't ashamed to admit there was lots of kicking and crying involved) for close to an hour before I finally fell asleep. There were no visions of sugarplums in my head but a fireset this year!
Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment