Sunday, December 19, 2010

Saturday, December 18th, 2010





After much pressure my parents finally caved and got me a Christmas tree. It may be a cheap plastic tree but it was love at first sight. Mommy and I were at the local store by 7:30 hunting for a Christmas tree and I could hardly wait to get it out of the box so I could start decorating it. Mommy tried to hand over only non-breakable ornaments but I started pawing through the box and found some that were decidely fragile. Once I was all done, Mommy hauled it up to my room and Daddy placed it on top of my plastic table so I could gaze at it as I fall asleep (or not fall asleep depending on the night).
After the excitement of trimming the tree I went over to play with cousin Jackson. Despite showing early signs of a cold, I ran around like a trooper and kept right up with him. We both enjoyed scaling boxes and throwing ourselves off the treadmill. Even a few good bonks on the head weren't enough to stop me.
In the evening Mommy, Daddy and I got dressed up to go to a Christmas party hosted by one of Mommy's coworkers. Just as we were getting ready to leave I started into an unrelenting cough. As Mommy drove around looking for the place, the coughing continued. She stopped the car and gave me a breathing treatment but it seemed pretty clear that I was on the verge of coming down with a cold - my asthma trigger. Mommy knew it was a party foul not only to bring the sick kid to the party a week before Christmas but with my habit of vomiting induced by coughing she figured that would not be a welcome addition to the holiday decor so we headed home with me very disappointed to have missed the party.
Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your loving comment Tracy.
    Agh! I have beat myself up over the whole situation, thinking I should never left him alone on the potty in the first place.
    Susan emailed me and made me feel better also.
    Thanks and hugs.

    I just had a boo around and Peyton is stinkin' sweet, great smile and I LOVE her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sorry to hear you all missed your Christmas party, Peyton would have been a hit!

    I hope you feel better SOON sweet girl, it won't be a Christmas without you at all the festivities! We love you!

    ReplyDelete