Sunday, December 12, 2010

Friday, December 10th, 2010 Round 1


Grandma Glenda and my Mommy have spent lots of time discussing my potty training (or lack thereof). I have this bad habit of only peeing or pooping if I am awake and standing up which can create a few problems when I am fed regularly by g tube every 3 hours and for 8 hours overnight. Add on top of that the fact that I can hold it for hours when I am awake can make for a bad combination. You may remember that I attempted potty training a few months back during the summer. That went nowhere quickly so Grandma and my parents decided to give me a little more time. Now that I am in preschool and we make regular trips to the potty as a class (and most of the kids are potty trained) it made sense to try to give potty training another try. Next Friday I have my 3 year old well child check up with my pediatrician and Mommy had plans to discuss my issues with sitting down to go to the bathroom but Grandma Glenda thought it would be a good idea to try potty training ahead of that appointment so we had more information to give him.
Mommy went shopping earlier in the week and got me two packages of panties. One was the basic girly set with flowers and hearts and birds. The other set had all my favorite characters - Blue's Clues, Dora the Explorer and The Wonder Pets. I was totally excited to get started. Since I don't have preschool on Fridays, Grandma thought today would be a good time to start. She sat a blanket on the floor in the living room with my potty chair and we started off the day by watching an old favorite - Elmo's Potty Time. Mommy called throughout the day to get updates and although I was a little rusty in the beginning I eventually got the hang of it. I was able to pee pee on the potty several times through out the day.
Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment