Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saturday, March 13th, 2010

After a quiet night, I was itching to get out of the house today to get to the park. While Daddy was running some errands, Mommy and I headed to the park but we weren't able to stay long. It was only in the 50's and with the wind chill factor it was probably closer to the 40's. I noticed a little boy on a scooter and wanted to try it out so Mommy agreed to go to Toys R Us to see if they made a scooter in my size. She figures with my jaw surgery coming up I will be spending a lot of time in the house and a new distraction might be a good thing.
At Toys R Us, though, I was not interested in the scooter and quickly hopped in a Little Tikes pink coupe car instead. So what choice did Mommy really have? That's right, I got the coupe car. When Daddy arrived home later he very nicely agreed to spend the next hour putting it together for me. My parents call it the Fred Flinstone car because it requires me to power by moving my feet which was a little difficult on our wood floors so Daddy let me take it outside on the sidewalk to get more traction. I am not very fast yet, but I love it!

After nap time, Uncle Jeff and his new girlfriend (she is from Utah but will remain nameless at this time) came by for dinner. Normally, I am completely wound up when Uncle Jeff is around but I was much more reserved tonight. In fact, towards bedtime I sat in the living room watching Caillou by myself while the adults were in the front room talking. Uncle Jeff had brought me some of his favorite Dr Seuss books and a HUGE pink bear and before he left for the night he read me each one of them.

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see pics of you in your new coupe car! Sounds very cute! Hope that you are still able to get use out of the car inside the house, maybe with some tractioned socks or soft shoes?

    Sorry to hear that your sugery was canceled sweet girl, but I think you need some time to recover and get back to 100% before you undergo surgery!

    ReplyDelete