Sunday, March 28, 2010

Friday, March 26th, 2010


There are a lot of strange happenings going on in the Smith household these days. For those of you in on the secret, you'll hear more over the next month. For those of you not in on the secret, I promise all will be revealed soon! (No, I am not going to be a big sister!)
Today I had a six month review with Karen my occupational therapist, Kirsten my hard or hearing teacher and Wendy from the regional center. I am going to take a break from therapy for the next month as Mommy concentrates on some work priorities. It was hard for Mommy to say goodbye knowing it may be a little while before she sees them again but she knows they have given Mommy all the tools to keep me progressing during the time off. Mommy doesn't thank my early intervention folks nearly often enough so she wants to take this opportunity to say it publicly. I have been very lucky to have great therapists who got involved with me very early and so it is no surprise I am doing so well. But all those involved with my case became more than just therapists sharing their expertise - they became great friends who provided emotional support to Mommy during some tough times the last few years. So a shout out to all of you!
Karen - occupational therapy
Kirsten - hard of hearing teacher
Terri - special education teacher
Michael - physical therapy
Karen - feeding therapy
Jan - vital stimulation
Wendy - regional center coordinator
Spencer - music therapy
Peyton Nicole Smith








No comments:

Post a Comment