Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tuesday, September 8th, 2009

Mommy should have known it was going to be one of those days. It all started at 1 am when Henry decided he needed to go out to potty. Daddy took that shift. He then woke up around 3 am and needed to go again - it was Mommy's shift this time. Chili must have wondered what all the fund was about so around 4:45 he needed to go out too.
Daddy was up early for work and shortly after he left and Mommy was giving me my feeding I threw up - but just a little. She was thinking she had just dodged a bullet when the real fun began. I threw up on her about four times before she either got smart or woke up fully enough to lean me over the sink for the last round. During the vomiting session, she was trying to take a critical phone call from work and sound fairly normal on the phone but I don't konw that she succeeded. Just abou tthe time my vomiting subsided, Daddy called from work asking how Mommy was doing. When she filled him in on my tummy troubles, he let her know that he was at work dealing with the same issues and was coming home.
Not long after he came home and went right to bed it was Henry's turn to be sick. With all the sickness going on in the house, Mommy cancelled my OT visit for the day. I was able to get back up to full feedings by the end of the day by transitioning off of Pedialite back to formula. By the end of the day Daddy and Henry were feeling better as well. Mommy and Chili appear to be holding up so far thank goodness!

Peyton Nicole Smith


  1. Hi Smith Family,
    It sounds like you are having a rough couple of days,but hopefully as I am typing this you are over the worst of it.Their is a God,because when my bunch was little rarely were we all sick at the same time.It was a blessing in disguise just to be well enough to take care of anyone who was worse off than you!I just had a flashback to what it was like when your Aunt Kristin would be sick and vomiting(not a pretty picture at all Peyton).
    I have been working on a scrapbooking project for your Granpa Don for his birthday next week.I waited to long to get it going and now I'm behind the eight ball.Oh well,I will end up pulling a couple of late nights and do my best.Maybe next time I will do a better job of planning ahead.
    Take good care of your mommy and daddy Peyton.Your looking so grown up since you turned the ripe old age of two!
    All our love,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

  2. Glad to hear that sickness going around your house seems to have subsided! You can't afford to get sick before your surgery! I agree, mommy should STOP calling you skinny minny!