Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009


After three cancellations, my scoloiosis clinic appointment at Shriner's actually happened today. First, they got a weight and height on me. With clothes on I was 19 lbs 7 ozs and 29 inches long! Then the doctor came in and felt my back and sent me for xrays. Sure enough, my parents were right. The area on my lower back I had a small curvature in my spine. The doctor estimated it to be between 11-15 degrees. Over 10 degrees is considered mild scoliosis. The doctor wants to see me back in a year for another round of xrays to see if it is getting any worse. There is the possibility I will grow out of it but he would be much more concerned if at my age the degree was higher - like in the 50-60 range. He doesn't think this will impact my development in any way and told Mommy not to worry too much about it since I have so many other things going on : )
My Aunt Kristin sent a special present to me for Valentine's Day. Mommy was supposed to wait to open it but it arrived with some other packages for me that contained medical supplies so she opened it on accident. Grandma and Grandpa Mower got me a boy Cabbage Patch doll last Christmas named "Payton" so this is my second Cabbage Patch doll. This one is very special. First, her birth certificate says her name is Peyton Nicole and she was born 8/27 - just like me! Also, she looks exactly like the same Cabbage Patch doll my Aunt Kristin had when she was a little girl! Now I have a boy and a girl Cabbage Patch named Peyton - I thought it was a pretty cool name!
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Love your new doll! Looks almost exactly like Selena Gertrude (my Cabbage Patch doll from LONG ago), but is missing one important feature. Selena had green eyes, and I was hoping yours would have green eyes also. It sounds like you didn't know the difference, so that's good.

    Glad to hear that it arrived safe and sound, but mommy is still in trouble for opening your gift early...

    Miss you sweet girl!

    Aunt Kristin

    ReplyDelete