Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday, January 27th, 2008





I had more naps in my crib today - including one that was three hours long!
In addition, I discovered my tongue! When Mommy stuck out her tongue to make me laugh I decided to stick mine back out at her - she was very surprised. The rest of the day I played around with it - moving it all around. It was very cute. Mommy has loaded a video so you can see it in action.
By the way, I am five months old today. Mommy can't believe I am so big!
Since it was an adventurous weekend already, my parents decided to try out my speaking valve. It is a one way valve so I can breathe in when it is over my trach but I can't breathe back out. Instead, it requires me to push the air out through my mouth and over my vocal cords so I can make sound. The first few times Mommy didn't get the valve on tight enough and it just popped off when I exhaled. The next few times, I would start to get a little upset when I couldn't exhale out of my trach. I haven't figured out just yet that I can breathe out of my nose and mouth. I got a few little noises out but more by accident then on purpose. My parents are going to keep trying a few seconds at a time until I feel more comfortable. They didn't want to scare me.

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your tongue progress sweet girl!

    Wish I could stick my tongue out at you when I arrive, but unfortunately I don't have that luxury. Soon enough Jackson will be joining you, and you can have a contest!

    Love you and will be squeezing you shortly!

    Aunt Kristin

    ReplyDelete