Sunday, January 6, 2008

Friday, January 4th, 2008


My parents woke up this morning to the beginning of the worst storm Northern California had seen since 1995. Over the course of the morning, we lost power about 15 times, although not more than a few seconds at a time. Thankfully, we stayed nice and warm in the house and out of the pounding rain and hurricane force winds.
Mommy cancelled my doctor's appointment for today and rescheduled for Monday so she wouldn't have to take me out in the bad weather.
Although Mommy even put on their coats, the doggies refused to go outside. (Guess I can't really blame them). With the garbage cans being tossed around the yard and half the trees in the backyard falling down it wasn't very safe to be outside.
By mid-afternoon the wind calmed down enough that Mommy could get to the store to stock up on a few supplies. Unfortunately some of the supplies she needed (like distilled water for my trach mist) she couldn't find because so many people had the same idea. Luckily she had enough to get me through the weekend.
Mommy was very glad when Daddy came home safe and sound and they could spend the night relaxing. We all spent some "pack time" watching TV before I went to sleep.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment