Monday, May 10, 2010

Saturday, May 8th, 2010

Now that I've finally caught you up on what has been going on in our lives, I can share a picture with you of the house my parents are in the process of purchasing. It is plenty big for us and really close to both sets of grandparents. It was empty for over a year and the yard needs a lot of TLC. The process of buying has been a little bumpy but if all goes well they should close on 6/1. Coming from a rambler in California (no basement) I am loving all the stairs but this is not so good for the backs of my furry brothers. My parents will be investing in baby gates to keep them (and me) on the main level most of the time.

While we are playing the waiting game with the house, Mommy and I got to run some errands today while Daddy worked. We stopped by Hobby Lobby and I found lots of fun things (at eye level). The sticker aisle was my favorite! Then we went to Kid to Kid to get some clothing since Mommy is tired of buying new clothes that I seem to stain constantly. She is now investing in "gently used" clothing so she doesn't cringe every time I spill (or write, or paint, etc) on myself. We went and picked up a plastic bouncy ball and a swing to hang from my grandparents tree and that kept me entertained most of the day.

Late yesterday, my Mommy noticed that one of my BAHA's wasn't working so come Monday morning she will make a call to the audiologists to see if they can get me in so we can start the process of getting it repaired. Neither hearing aid has ever officially broken before so this will be a new experience for us.

Tonight, Mommy and Daddy went Jeff's girlfriends home for dinner and left me with my grandparents. Now my parents have left me with nurses before to run errands but never with anyone officially for a date night so this was a big deal for them. But after a great dinner and a couple of glasses of wine, Mommy was really glad she went and I was tucked into bed fast asleep when they returned home. Thanks Grandma and Papa!

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the house! It will be nice to be close to the grandparents and have lots of space. And a big yard to play in? Looks like it would have that too.

    ReplyDelete