Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday, May 7th, 2010

Daddy and I
Pandy, Henry and Chili watching me nap
Uncle Jeff on Donner's Pass Yes I know, I have taken a very long break from blogging. Well a lot has happened in the last few weeks that I can now catch you up on. My life has changed dramatically and in lots of great ways. The biggest is that my family and I have moved "back" to Utah. Now I have never actually lived in Utah but my parents have. Daddy moved to Sacramento about 7 years ago and Mommy about 4 years ago. They both spent most of their childhood there and that is where both sides of their families live. As if that wasn't big enough, my Uncle Jeff also moved to Utah too! So here are some updates:
1. Daddy and Uncle Jeff both got new jobs with the same company - the corporate office is in Salt Lake.
2. Mommy had been working remotely for the University of Utah for the last four years so now she is able to actually work in the office again.
3. Uncle Jeff got an apartment in the Murray area.
4. Mommy, Daddy, the dogs and I moved in with my Daddy's parents while they are in the process of buying a house.
5. Although I have been on the waiting list in Utah for nursing since I was born, I have still not made it to the top of the list (there is a whole long story about this one Mommy may share at another time). Since it doesn't look like I will make it to the top anytime in this decade, I no longer get any nursing. So Grandma Glenda quit her job and is now taking care of me full time so my parents can work. My parents will never be able to pay her what's she is worth but they are so thrilled that I have family taking care of me now and they don't have to worry about whether or not they will have a nurse each day.
6. Chili and Henry have seen snow for the first time and although they may not have loved it, they did manage to walk in it a little. Since my grandparents have a dog and a cat of their own it has been quite the full house - the dogs are getting along with Pandy the dog very well but want to chase the cat whenever possible.
7. Mommy is in the process of getting me hooked up with all new doctors (no easy task since I have so many) and with the local school district for early intervention services. I met my new cardiologist yesterday and she already has several other appointments lined up in the weeks and months to come.
Now that my parents are my permanent night nurses they aren't getting a lot of great sleep but they will figure out how to make it work. I know my parents are under a lot of stress with all the changes but I am having a great time so that makes it a lot easier.
Aunt Kristin nominated Mommy for a free spa treatment for Mother's Day (see her entry below) so Mommy at least will get some help relaxing really soon. I am glad to be back blogging and promise to not take so much time off again for awhile!

Kristin Fox-Smith 26 April 2010 at 7:46 am #
http://peytonsparents.blogspot.com/
I would like to nominate my sister, Tracy Smith, for an hour of relaxation and a pedicure. Tracy is an AMAZING source of inspiration for all who know her, and has been raising a special needs child for the last 2 1/2 years, leaving NO time for herself. Tracy is an amazing mother, sister, daughter, granddaughter, and as a result of Peyton’s birth, a special needs advocate that has been a blessing to all in the craniofacial and Nagers world who have been lucky to know her. Tracy is passionate about giving her daughter every opportunity in life, and gives of herself completely, leaving nothing left for herself.

Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on an award WELL EARNED!!

    Looking forward to our trio of pedicures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Whatta huge change in your life, Peyton. Nothing is better than family. Lucky girl to stay all day with Grandma.
    Best of luck to all of you...
    M

    ReplyDelete