Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday, February 19th, 2010






Now you've all seen me count from 1-10 but today during a visit from my hard of hearing teacher I was tested on number recognition. I already recognize my letters so maybe Mommy shouldn't have been surprised that I could point out my numbers too but she still was. 6 and 9 were a little tricky but Kirsten tried several numbers just to make sure it wasn't luck and it wasn't!
I had been complaining all day that my bottom hurt and in the evening when it was time for a diaper change it was clear why - I had a serious diaper rash that seemed to come out of nowhere. Daddy put on a lot of diaper rash ointment and then Mommy suggested a little Tylenol to help with the pain. One of the benefits of the g tube is that I don't ever have to taste nasty medicine if I don't want to - it can go right in the tube - no fuss no mess. Today I decided that I wanted to give myself my own meds so Daddy let me help. Once the meds were in, though, I wanted to continue using a syringe to put things in my button. So Daddy let me add some water a few cc's at a time. Being that I had just finished a feeding and my tummy was extra full, Daddy changed from a 10 cc syringe to a 6 cc syringe and finally to a 1 cc syringe! Once Daddy filled it with water I got pretty good and was able to put the syringe in my button and push the water in. As Daddy said in the video - they're in trouble now!!
Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peyton,
    My name is Ella Rose Monaco. I am 6 months old and I have Nagers Syndrome too!!! My blog is lovemyella.blogspot.com. I haven't been able to update it in a while because lately life has been quite hectic for me. In fact, it was only a few weeks ago that I got to see my home for the very first time. You see... I have been in the hospital since I was born. My mommy has been following your blog since June (before I was even born). She says you have been an absolute inspiration to her and have helped her to keep positive throughout this entire journey. You have given her hope that though there will be challenges, many happy times are ahead of me. My mom would love to chat with your mom. Her name is Nina and her email is n_bonsignore@yahoo.com. Peyton, keep up your good work and we can't wait to hear about all your feeding adventures! You are such a sweet and spirited little girl.

    ReplyDelete