Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday, January 15th, 2010


With all the drama of the last few days what could be better than a little retail therapy? Since Grandma Mower is no longer working at a shoe store I don't have 15 pairs of cute shoes in each size (I was very spoiled!) So I had the new experience of needing to buy a pair of shoes. Mommy took me to Target and we looked through everything in my size.
While looking, a girl about 8 walked up with her mommy and she was also looking for shoes. She caught sight of me with my extra large HME covering my trach, drew her breath in loudly in apparent horror or fear and pointed at me. Mommy's heart sank like a rock in her chest. She had to hold herself back and remember this was a little girl who didn't know what she was seeing and didn't understand. So Mommy calmly said hello and pretended like the moment had never happened. Her mommy wasn't standing next to her daughter and didn't realize what had happened and when she walked up she commented on how cute I was.
Mommy knows that this won't be the last time something like this will happen but it still made her very sad - I was completely oblivious to it all. But one good thing did come out of the experience - I have a great pair of shoes that I absolutely love! Retail therapy really does work!
Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment