Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wednesday, October 15th, 2008



Another day another therapy appointment. Today it was feeding therapy with Karen (yes, another Karen). She hasn't seen me since before my jaw distraction removal so she was very surprised to hear that I don't have a cleft palate. Mommy is waiting for UC Davis to call with an appointment for my modified swallow study. Karen provided her with a list of things to bring as well as a list of questions to have answered from the results of the test. I ate a little bit of flavored apple sauce and was very interested in feeding myself rather then having Mommy feed me. It was fun but got to be a little messy and I got bored pretty quickly. Karen is hopeful that I will be able to get enough good swallows in to get some results back so we have a better idea of how to move forwarding with the feeding therapy.

Daddy got a call from Stanford Genetics today letting him know that the chromosone breakage test that was done was negative for any chromosomal issues. My parents and the geneticists weren't expecting to find anything so it wasn't a surprise to them. At this point, the genticists will send a final summary based on their exam and the two tests that were performed.

After the advice of other mommies - Mommy ran out and got the Butt Paste diaper rash ointment tonight and instructed Marianne to start using it right away. Here's hoping the diaper rash gets better! Mommy let me take a rest yesterday from using my speaking valve and the bleeding stopped. So from now on my parents will watch it closely and start giving me some rest times during the day from the valve and adding some saline to my trach if I sound dry. Other trach mommies said this has happened to their kids as well and not to be alarmed.

Peyton Nicole Smith

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pigtails and the cute outfit. You look SO good in dark colors!

    Sorry to hear about your diaper rash, haven't experienced this yet with Jackson, but I'm sure it's painful.

    LOVE YOU sweet girl, and miss you TONS!

    Aunt Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi honey,
    Sorry to hear you've been having a couple of rough days.I sure love
    the picture of you and mommy(we can't have to many of those in my opinion!).
    Your looking so cute and grown up
    all of a sudden.We can't wait to see you in your Halloween costume this year.Someday I hope all my grandkids can do that sort of thing together!
    We miss you and your mommy and daddy lots,but we're so happy you have each other!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete