Friday, September 9, 2011

Thursday, September 8th, 2011




On our way to the grocery store tonight, Mommy saw that The Healing Fields were set up in Sandy.  Every year on the anniversary of 9/11, flags have been set up for every person that lost their life as well as those who lost their lives in Afghanistan and Iraq since 9/11.  The years that Mommy has lived in Utah she has always come by and as with every year it never fails to make her a little weepy.  I think it took on a little different meaning this year since it was the first time she has brought me to see the flags.  Because they had just been set up, it was very quiet and only a few other people were there.  It was a peaceful place with the sounds of thousands of flags flapping in the breeze.  I decided I kind of liked it and asked Mommy if we could come back with my bike when Daddy got home.

Peyton Nicole Smith

1 comment:

  1. I particularly love the first and last images. What an amazing and moving thing to see. I can almost imagine the sound of the silence and the flags flapping in the wind.

    ReplyDelete