Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Friday, September 16th, 2011











HopeKids had a night at the Utah State Fair tonight.  Despite rain, my parents had gotten me all excited to see the animals and so they crossed their fingers it would all work out.  Uncle Jeff came with us, too.  (He doesn't mind going on all the rides with me so he is a great guy to have around!)  The drizzly rain soon turned into pouring rain so we waited in the car until it was time to meet up outside the gates.  With the weather and the traffic it took almost 1/2 hour before we were able to make it in but by then the rain was starting to slow down.  The first stop was a pony ride - my favorite!  Then it was on to the animals - chickens, bunnies, goats, cows and pigs.  We probably could have stopped there and I would have been happy but then Uncle Jeff talked my parents into letting me go on the rides.  First up - the Tilt O Whirl!  While Jeff and I twirled my parents caught glimpses of me laughing hysterically.  Despite the wet rides, I rode the hot air balloons, helicopters and cars and I loved them all.  Daddy hadn't brought a jacket and Uncle Jeff was wearing shorts and we all started to get cold so we left a few hours in.  So glad we braved the rain!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment