Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Saturday, September 24th, 2011



It was time for the HopeKids Wasatch Adventure.  Team Princess Peyton was me, Mommy, Grandma and Jackson.  Mommy was there right at 9 am when registration opened but the race did not begin until 10:30 so that left plenty of time for Mommy and Grandma to keep Jackson and I entertained.  Shortly before the race Leo the Real lion and Swoops the Ute eagle showed up.  I am not a big fan of mascots and insisted that Mommy keep them in sight at all times - I didn't want them sneaking up on me! 

When race time began, Jackson decided he wasn't in the mood so Mommy and I went by ourselves.  We decided to do the 1 mile adventure walk rather than the 5 K.  It was designed just for the kids because every few hundred feet there would be games set up we could play and win prizes.  It was a great walk as far as I was concerned, but since Mommy carried me pretty much the whole way I'm not sure she agrees.

After we finished the race, Jackson and I had some time to play on the bounce houses before it was time to head home for a nap.


After a good nap we got into the car to drive to Lindon for Lily's Fundraiser for CCA.  I had such a great time playing with Lily and all the other children with craniofacial conditions and my parents had a great BBQ dinner. We are going to make this an annual event.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment