Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Monday, July 25th, 2011









To celebrate the long weekend, my parents got a few hours of alone time while I was at Grandma and Papa's house.  They hopped on the motorcycle, stopped off for breakfast and than headed south to ride the Alpine Loop.  It was a beautiful day but just as Mommy started snapping pictures the camera died so sorry - you won't be able to see just how beautiful!

In the afternoon, Mommy came to pick me up and then together we picked up Grandma Marilyn and then met Aunt Kristin, Jackson and Uncle Lonnie in Cottonwood Heights for the annual Butlerville Days parade.  It was super hot and humid but as soon as the parade started up Jackson and I forgot all about the heat and concentrated on the candy being thrown out to the crowd.  We had a nice little stash before long!

Several different floats had kids with water guns.  With my hearing aids and trach - water guns are a wee bit dangerous to me.  Mommy wasn't sure if it was better to try to cover me up and draw attention to ourselves or just hope they didn't aim for me because I am so small.  She decided to go for protection but that seemed to be the wrong decision as several kids aimed right at me.  Hmm....  Jackson and I were both a little unhappy about the water guns so we tried to hide behind Uncle Lonnie when we saw others coming.  At the end of the parade, a fire truck would stop periodically and turn on the water and allow kids to run through if they wanted.  That was no big deal because people could choose to get wet.  The very last part of the parade, though, was a water truck.  It was hosing everyone and everything down as it headed down the street.  Everyone in our group moved as far away as we could to avoid the spray but all of our stuff got soaked!  I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time.....

Despite the water, Jackson and I are totally excited about going back next year!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment