Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010














The time had finally come - Yo Gabba Gabba Live!!!
Mommy bought these tickets the day I was admitted to Primary Children's last May with an upper respiratory infection. She remembers thinking at the time it was probably highly unlikely we would ever get to use the tickets since November is prime cold and flu season and pretty risky with my URI history. Who would have known that along would come asthma medications and this wouldn't be nearly so scary?!
Mommy and I went to pick up Daddy from work and then headed to the E Center (ok it's not actually called that any more but that is what it was called when my parents were growing up and that's how they will always refer to it). They had great seats two rows up from the floor. While Mommy was keeping me from losing it with the excitement, Daddy went and got me a Foofa t-shirt (yes, kind of like those concert t-shirts my parents got during their hard rock/heavy metal days), some food and an official yo-gabba-gabba mini light saber. Jackson wasn't feeling well so Noy and her girls used the other three tickets. After much anticipation the lights dimmed and the show began. My parents were worried it might all be a little much but they should have known - I was awestruck (kind of like Mommy at her first Nelson concert). I danced and clapped to the likes of "There's a Party in My Tummy" and "Hugs are Fun".
Some of the highlights of the night:
1. Brobee floating up into the air while holding on to some balloons.
2. Hundreds of balloons being dropped from the ceiling.
3. The bubble machines (nuff said)
4. The characters roaming through the audience (and being mobbed)
5. Cousin Traiton rapping with Biz Markee on stage.
What a night!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment