Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thursday, November 25th, 2010

I consider myself very blessed that I had many places to go this Thanksgiving. To be honest, the holiday is a little lost on me because I didn't eat a single thing at any of the places we went. Give me a cup of soda, though, and I am happy to visit anyone and everyone.

First we went to Karen's for a traditional turkey feast around 1 pm. Then at 4 pm we had our second turkey meal at Grandma and Papa Smith's house. We finished up the night with dessert at Grandma and Grandpa Mower's around 7 pm.

Because of the holiday, I came home from preschool with several of the classic art projects - images of turkeys made from prints of my hands. Now with only three fingers and a thumb on each hand, my turkeys looked just a little different from the rest of the kids in my class. I could have cared less and when I brought one project home I kept telling my parents about my foot. My parents figured I must be confused since it clearly had my hand prints all over it. It wasn't until several days later that my Mommy realized that although the feathers of the turkey were made with my hand prints the body was actually my foot print. Talk about not seeing the forest through the trees - my Mommy was so focused on my unusual hand prints that she never even noticed my foot print at all!

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment