Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday, November 13th, 2010

Mommy swears this is what she will be forced to do if she doesn't quit getting sick! Yes folks after the excitement of the Yo Gabba Gabba live concert wore off I was left with a little gift - another cold. Not surprisingly, Mommy started feeling sick about 24 hours after me. I have only been in school about three months and I have had five colds and one stomach virus. OK, now my parents knew that going to preschool I would be exposed to everything that I had previously been sheltered from. They knew it was going to be a tough year for me - Mommy just hadn't planned on her being sick EVERY time I was!

I started feeling bad on Thursday night but my nurse Cory was right on top of it. Friday morning I seemed to be over it initially but at Grandma's that day I had a fever I just couldn't shake and had a few bouts of vomiting. In the evening Mommy kept the fluids flowing almost non stop but still the fever would not go away. Daddy went to a movie with Jeff Friday night and Mommy got me to sleep around 9 pm. By 10 pm she was getting pretty worried because my fever was over 103 with Tylenol and my heart rate was up in the 170's. Luckily, Grandma brought over some Pedialyte so Mommy wouldn't run out during the night. A little after 10 pm I woke up and vomited a little. Mommy got me changed quickly and I was back to sleep in just a few minutes. After that, thing seemed to improve slowly but surely. By early morning my heart rate was almost back to normal levels and my temp was almost gone. Whew! Another close call but that's five colds since I started my asthma meds and not one resulted in a hospital stay. As far as Mommy is concered that's a pretty good track record.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment