Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday, November 8th, 2009











The morning started off with me trying on my new dancing outfit. I thought it was great, in fact, I didn't want to remove it once it was on. So Mommy and I struck a deal - I could keep the ballet slippers on as long as I wanted and I wore them most of the morning. Once my parents got breakfast and ready for the day, we went off to find me a toddler bed. Although I have yet to figure out how to climb out of my crib, my parents felt I was getting old enough to get into a bed. We did a little searching and found a little bed just perfect for me. While I went down for my nap, Daddy put my bed together and modified it so there are two rails on one side to keep me from falling out. When I woke up, it was waiting for me. Mommy moved my crib mattress to my toddler bed and it was ready to go! I liked it right away and figured out quickly how to get in and out on my own.
In the afternoon, Uncle Jeff came by to visit for a few hours and we tried out the hats from his "ketchup" and "mustard" Halloween costumes. (Daddy and Uncle Jeff dressed up in the costumes for fun but I have been threatened with no more Yo Gabba Gabba if I post them on the blog!)
The big moment came this evening and it was time to try out the toddler bed for sleeping. Daddy and I read a few books together and then in the bed I went. I rolled around a little just like I have always done in my crib and then before you know it I was asleep - I didn't try to get out once. Hopefully this is not just beginner's luck since Mommy is going out of town tomorrow for the week.
Peyton Nicole Smith









2 comments:

  1. I am SO proud of you that you fell right to asleep - and not out - of your new toddler bed!

    Those days are coming soon for us also, but I am afraid little man is going to be cruising the house in the dark making mischief without being "locked in" by the crib bars. Guess we'll just have to see!

    LOVE your new dance costume! You will be the envy of all your other classmates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning sweetie,
    what a couple of exciting days for you.Your new pink ballerina dress and shoes(and you looked marvelous in them)by the way,and
    your very first big girl bed!While
    it was probably very exciting for you to get out of your crib,there
    must have been a tug or two at mommy and daddy's heart to see you
    move past your crib and on to that next stage of your young life.Come
    to think of it,we will all miss seeing you sleeping so peacefully
    in your crib surrounded by your lovie and favorite baby!
    Have a wonderful day honey and mommy will be home before you know it.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Granpa and Granma Mower

    ReplyDelete