Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saturday, March 17th, 2012

It's been a year since Mommy was put in touch with another family in Utah who has a child with Nager Syndrome.  They live about 30 minutes away and we have had good intentions to get together but we were finally able to meet up today at the Discovery Children's Museum.  Daxton is the youngest in a large family and except for those that were working, all of his siblings joined him to meet Mommy and I.  He was a little shy with me but I wasn't shy at all and I was in heaven being carried around by his older sisters.  Mommy was a little teary eyed seeing how much I enjoyed being a "little" sister for a few hours.  Mommy got a great chance to talk with his parents about their medical journey with Daxton.  Since Daxton and I share the same surgeon, they had the opportunity to discuss the similarities in our anatomy and surgical outcomes.  Although Daxton had just turned 5 a few days earlier he was much taller than me - answering one of the questions Mommy has had all along about my short stature.  Towards the end of our visit, I played "Duck, duck, goose" with Daxton and all of his siblings and we ended up chasing each other around the museum.  I was so sad to leave that I cried most of the way home.  Such a wonderful family and a day Mommy and I will not soon forget.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment