Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saturday, April 7th, 2012





Easter wouldn't be Easter without an easter egg hunt - okay let's try four easter egg hunts!  Saturday morning Mommy, Aunt Kristin, Jackson and I braved freezing temps to join hundreds of other kids for the annual Cottonwood Easter Egg Hunt.  A big field was divided into different age groups and we were primed for the 3-5 age group.  As the announcer on the loud speaker kept saying - only the 0-2 area were parents allowed on the field.  When it was time to go, the fire engine siren went off.  Jackson took off right into the fray but I had forgotten my bag in the excitement so I lost precious moments coming back to the sidelines for my bag.  By that point I had lost Jackson in the crowd and spent the rest of the time looking for him.  But the real surprise was that Mommy, Aunt Kristin and very few other honest souls had stayed on the sidelines and let their kids gather eggs on their own - almost every single parent went onto the field with them. 

When Jackson and I came off the sidelines it was pretty clear that he had scored big time while I had only ended up with one egg.  And in a twist or irony for a tube fed kid, inside my egg was a gift certificate for an all you can eat meal at Chuck-A-Rama!  As Jackson spent a few minutes gloating about his haul, we went to go see the firefighters and I told them excitedly that I planned on being a firefighter some day.

Peyton Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment